With an exceedingly flat impedance response, Ball and Buck + Blumenstein Orcas are true high efficiency speakers, needing as little as 2 watts from a tube amplifier to bloom their entire wall of sound. They can fill large listening spaces yet they possess an inherent purity of sound that can be enjoyed close up, even at distances of less than an arm's length away.
With their unconventionally wide high frequency dispersion angle, the virtual point source fullrange drivers produce a clear and unwavering presentation of the actual space a recording was made in and produce satisfying bass at high or low volume levels, with or without the Orca Subs.
• Abaca fiber 3" fullrange driver with rubberized cloth surround and large magnetic circuit for high efficiency, excellent detail retrieval, and room presence
• The driver is affixed to the exterior of the cabinet using all brass and natural rubber hardware in a specialized tuned and isolated arrangement
• Heavy-duty gold plated brass binding posts for optimal connection quality and longevity
• Bass reflex ports made entirely out of 1" thick bamboo (not plastic) produce powerful bass and lower mid-range realism that is truly unique to the Orcas
• 10-gauge internal wiring
• Finished with a hand-rubbed, non-toxic, food-grade linseed varnish oil, in consideration of individuals with chemical sensitivities
• Hand signed and numbered by their maker
• Dimensions (WxDxH): 5.5" x 7" x 11.25"
• Natural Bamboo
• Caramelized Bamboo
Questions? Contact us