Our Flagship Launch: The Upland Jacket
This product defines Ball and Buck | Made in Mass | Guaranteed for Life
Guaranteed Delivery by Xmas
Must Order by Noon EST on 12/23 + Select UPS Next Day Air Shipping
- Shell: Brown Waxed Cotton
- Lining: 6oz Authentic Ball and Buck Camo in brushed lightweight cotton
- Hardware: Antique Brass from Scovill
- Zippers: #10 Antique Brass Heavy Duty Zipper from YKK USA
- Collar: Finest Quality 11 Whale Corduroy
- Hand-Warmer Pockets: Finest Quality Moleskin
- Weather Shield Hidden Pocket: Perfect For Your Cellphone and Personals
- Game Pocket: Double Side Access with Blaze Orange Waterproof Lined
- Storm Cuff System: Finest Quality from Minnesota Knitting Mills with Blaze Orange Waterproof Lined
- Available Options:
- Snap on Removable Hood
- Exchange System Shotgun/Rifle Shell Holders
- Reversible & Removable Wool/Camo Vest
- There aren't many garments that are more useful, classic, and timeless than a waxed cotton jacket. The same material used by commercial fishermen at the turn of the century, waxed cotton is unique in its durability under heavy use and ability to be reproofed there by restoring the garments water repellency.
- Unlike a synthetic waterproof material that can easily be torn by thorns or branches when you're out hunting in the field, the waxed cotton is an extremely tight woven cotton that can handle these elements in the field.
- At Ball and Buck we believe in making products that actually get better with wear, this jacket is the flagship of both that philosophy and the Ball and Buck line. With wear, a beautiful patina comes out that is unique to every jacket. We've even got a little competition in the office to see who has to get their jacket repaired first. We see patches as beauty marks that make the jacket more valuable.
- From a style standpoint, it is the best looking piece of outerwear on the market. It's as comfortable on a quail hunt as it is on the streets of Boston. It is designed to be worn with everything from a t-shirt at a tailgate to a suit in an unexpected rain storm.
- We have designed a removable wool vest that can be added in when the temperature drops to add a layer of warmth. The vest (sold separately) is reversible so you can wear Camo on the inside or outside depending on if you're in the field or the city.
- The jacket features the world’s best materials, the finest corduroy collar, moleskin hand-warmer pockets, and the beefiest YKK zippers you can buy.
- The large center zipper ensures that you won't have to play with the jacket if you need it zipped up in a hurry. A flap of waxed cotton can snap over the zipper and the neck to prevent water coming through in a storm.
- If you're a hood person a snap on hood is available to be purchased separately.
- Two hand warmer pockets at perfect arm level give your hands a place to warm up in a cold breeze.
- We have designed a secret cell phone pocket with a water resistant zipper and waterproof material in the zipper tape to keep your important things dry.
- The two large bellow pockets at the bottom hold shotgun shells, keys, or whatever you see fit. We have integrated our "exchange system" into those pockets which will accept leather shotgun shell holders for your specific gauge shotgun or rifle (sold separately).
- The cuff's of the jacket are from Minnesota Knitting Mills and keep cold air or water from getting into your sleeve. We have built a storm cuff system using waterproof material as another way of focusing on keeping you warm and dry in foul weather.
- When being used in the field, we wanted to provide a place to put your birds. We have built a blood pocket in the back of the jacket which is secured with YKK zippers on both sides.
- The material used in the cuff, cell phone pocket, and blood pocket is blaze orange for a subtle pop of color for those aware of the details.
- The jacket is lined with our official Ball and Buck Camo print, made in Tennessee and available only through our company.
- Ball and Buck
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Est. 2008